Why Your Garage Door Won’t Operate
If you are always having trouble with your garage door, you should definitely consider having routine maintenance performed on it. Routine maintenance can prevent the door from sticking and causing you to be stranded inside or outside. In Redan, GA, many homeowners depend on the maintenance options that we offer to them to keep their garage door operating smoothly. If you’re constantly having issues with your garage door, it is time to take some action. Get in touch with us and let us help you keep your door operating like it should. Your garage door is the largest part of you home and should be taken care of. If the door isn’t working properly, you could harm yourself or damage your car. You never know when an unfortunate incident will occur and this is why you should consider contacting us to take care of the things really matter; keeping you and your loved ones safe.
If you’re having problems with your garage door working, there are many reasons for this. Some of the issues you are dealing with can be easily handled but then there are some, which will require the services of a qualified garage door service technician. You may be the sort that would rather do some troubleshooting before contacting us for your service needs. If you decide to troubleshoot but do not know where to start, perhaps the following will help:
- Alignment – The tracks of your garage door have to be aligned if they are going to work properly. You can visually inspect your track. If there are any noticeable inconsistency’s you might need to call for servicing.
- Batteries – Your remote need power and it can only get it when there are batteries in the remote. When your transmitter isn’t working, there is a possibility that all you need to do is replace the batteries.
- Doors Opening and Closing on Its Own – Whenever your doors begin opening and closing without your doing anything to make it do this, it an be rather annoying. You will definitely want to know what is making this occur so that you can stop it from doing this. The first thing to check is your remote. Make sure nothing is pressed up against your remote. If there isn’t anything pressed up against the controls of your remote, it might be a frequency issue. Someone in the area may have the same frequency as yours. This will cause your garage door to open and close on its own. You may have to find the neighbor and discuss how you can resolve the issue together.
- Sensors – You have sensors on both sides of your garage door. There is a beam that runs between them. If the beams are obstructed it will not enable the doors to move. The sensors might be misaligned. If anything is in front of them, all you’ll have to do is remove it in order for the doors to start working like usual again. Even if the sensors have dirt or debris on them, they have to be cleaned. However, there is a proper way to clean them. you must use a soft cloth and gently wipe the lens to avoid scratching them. If you do not want to risk scratching them, you can always consult with one of our service technicians at Redan Fast Garage Door. They can clean and realign the sensors if necessary.
- Broken Springs – You might think that the garage door opener is the cause of your problem but if your springs are broken, you can also experience all sorts of problems. If the spring is broken, it will not be strong enough to hold the door. When a spring needs to be repaired, leave it to the experts. They know how to effectively repair the springs of your garage without incident. There is a lot of tension in your garage door springs and they can get out of control really quickly if you are not careful. This is why we suggest that you allow a qualified trained professional to handle the job for you.
If you do not want to go through the headache of having to have your garage door replaced, you have to pay attention to the way your garage door is operating. Even when you live a busy life, it only takes a minute to concentrate on what you see and hear when you’re using your garage. This will allow you to make the necessary changes quickly to avoid any further problems. Being familiar with how your garage door usually acts will help you to explain any problems you may begin experience. A service technician will still want to perform a thorough inspection of your garage door but at least they know where they should start.
Maintenance is probably the most important thing that you can do to make sure your garage door is always functioning properly. We want you to know that with our maintenance program, we can make sure that if your garage door starts to give you problems, one of our service technicians is here to stop it! The best way to combat a problem is to face it head on. Just because your door starts to work and suddenly stops again, doesn’t mean that the problem doesn’t still exists. There is still a problem that needs to be addressed. It is in your best interest to find out exactly why this is occurring and contact your local garage door service to find out how we can help you prevent this from occurring any further. Finding the right service provider won’t be difficult since Redan Fast Garage Door is only a phone call away. As the preferred service provider, we’ll get to the bottom of your problem in no time so that you are not annoyed by the way your garage door is working. We make the problem disappear and so should you by contacting us the moment you notice the problem.